Research and Development Committee
The committee consist of faculties from various departments of the institute. The committee looks for smooth and efficient co-ordination of research and development activities within institute which ultimately leads to institute development. The committee will contribute towards valuable inputs to foster research and development activities within the institute. The committee will plan, promote and evaluate the R & D activities at the institute level.
||Name of members
||Dr. S. B. Bari, Chairman
||Principal and Professor
||Dr. D. D. Patil, Member
||Head, Pharmaceutical Analysis
||Dr. P. O. Patil, Member
||Head, Pharmaceutical Chemistry
||Dr. R. E. Mutha Member/ Incharge
||Dr. L. R. Zawar, Member
||Dr. P. S. Bafna, Member
||Mr. S. N. Jain, Member
||Assistant Prof., Pharmaceutics
Functions of Research and Development Committee :
- To encourage faculty members to prepare research proposals, interdisciplinary research, product design and development, publications in reputed journals and conferences.
- To initiate and promote MOU with industries and R & D organizations; for consultancy, collaborative research, sponsored projects, Industry-Institute interaction etc.
- To arrange talks and interactions by eminent personalities from Industry, R & D organization and institutions of repute; for the better understanding of research methodology and practices currently followed.
- To suggest peer reviewed national and international journals for subscription in the central library.
- To develop research proposals for up-gradation of laboratories through AICTE/UGC/MHRD/NMU funding opportunities.
- To encourage students and faculty to apply for patent or other Intellectual Property Rights.
- To conduct national conferences/seminar/symposium/workshop etc.
- To allocate budget for conducting workshops, training programs, seminars, conferences and Faculty Development Program also for the staff who are attending workshops, conferences and paper presentation outside the institute. It also includes software purchasing for various departments for research purpose (like Design expert, statistics etc.).
- To motivate faculty and students to design, fabricate and implement viable functional projects for the benefits of institute and society.
- To motivate students and faculty for presenting technical papers/projects at least in National conferences, competitions and exhibitions.