Eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D. Programme:
- Master's degree or aprofessional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by thecorresponding statutory regulatory body.
- With at least 55% marks in aggregate orits equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 10-point scale (or an equivalent grade in apoint scale wherever grading system is followed).Or,
- An equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. For candidates having FYUG Research Degree as per NEP-2020, the eligibility norms shall be as laid down by the Government of Maharashtra
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/NT*/VJ-DT*/OBC* (*non-creamy layer)/differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidate as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- An M.Pharm. Student of KavayitriBahinabaiChaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon who’s M.Pharm. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme
- Persons holding the rank of Assistant Director/Scientist B or above and working in National Laboratories / Institutes / Government /Private Organizations nominated/sponsored by the respective employer, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme. Above mentioned rules are also applicable to the foreign candidate who has obtained a Master’s Degree from the statutory Indian Universities.
- Persons with exceptional abilities who have passed Graduate Degree Examination with 55 % of marks and with 15 years’ experience after graduation or 10 years’ experience after post-graduation in related fields at the discretion of the Pro-Vice Chancellor.
- Graduate Senior citizen of age 60 years and above in exceptional cases at the discretion of Pro-Vice Chancellor.
- Applications for research in inter-disciplinary areas and applicants belonging to a faculty or subject other than the faculty or subject in which the research is proposed and from international candidate (those who have not obtained the Master’s degree from Indian Universities) shall be considered on the basis of the proven ability and aptitude of the researcher for such kind of research. The decisions in this regard shall be taken by the concerned Research and Recognition Committee (RRC)/ Interdisciplinary Research Board after presentation by the research student. In such cases, the guide should be from the subject in which the candidate has completed his/her Master’s Degree and the Co-guide from the allied subject. The guide and co-guide for one thesis cannot be from same subject.
- Admission for Ph.D. degree to foreign candidate who has obtained Master’s degree from Indian Universities or Foreign Universities with at least 55 % marks or equivalent CGPA shall be governed by International Students Cell of the University.
- The candidate having passed Masters’ degree (Partly by Paper Partly by Research) from Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years from the date of registration, including course work and a maximum of six years from the date of registration to Ph.D. program.
- A maximum of an additional two (2) years can be given through a process of re-registration as per the Statute/Ordinance of the Higher Educational Institution concerned; provided, however, that the total period for completion of a Ph.D. programme should not exceed eight (8) years from the date of registration to the Ph.D. programme.Provided further that, female Ph.D. scholars and Persons with Disabilities (having more than 40% disability) may be allowed an additional relaxation of two (2) years; however, the total period for completion of a Ph.D. programme in such cases should not exceed ten (10) years from the date of registration to the Ph.D. programme.
- Female Ph.D. Scholars may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave for up to 240 days in the entire duration of the Ph.D. programme.
- The candidate who is fulfilling the above criteria mentioned and qualified the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) devised and conducted by the KavayitriBahinabaiChaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon and those who are exempted under provision.
- The candidate who have qualified GATE/GPAT with valid score OR SET/NET/JRF examinations of the apex bodies such as CSIR /UGC /ICAR /ICMR /DST/DBT or awarded with International/National/State level Fellowships having willingness letter of Research Guide. Such students are exempted from PET and shall fill-up online Ph.D. admission application form and submit online generated application to the Ph.D. Section. The students will be given provisional admission to Ph.D. as per the approval of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
- The Foreign and NRI students shall submit required documents including willingness letter of Research Guide to International Students Cell for verification and then to Ph.D. Section.
- Once the International Students Cell recommends admission of the student, he/she needs to fill up online Ph.D. admission application form and shall submit online generated application to the Ph.D. Section. The students will be given provisional admission to Ph.D. as per the approval of the Pro-Vice Chancellor.
Ph.D. Entrance Test
- An Entrance Test will be conducted in an online mode/process [at the center(s)assigned by the university].
Structure of the Entrance Test:
- There will be two papers i.e., Paper-I and Paper – II for the Online Entrance Test.
|General Aptitude Test
|Logical reasoning, numerical ability, reasoning, language aptitude
|Each correct answer carries 2 marks
|Subject Specific Test.
|Each correct answer carries 2 marks
- Candidate who scores 50 % marks and above (45 % marks and above, in case of reserved category candidate) in both the papers will be declared as PET Qualified.
Exemption from Entrance Test:
- The candidate who have qualified GATE/GPAT with valid score.Or,
- SET/NET/JRF examinations of the apex bodies such as CSIR /UGC /ICAR /ICMR /DST/DBT.Or,
- Awarded with International/National/State level Fellowships.
- Person with exceptional abilities and Senior Citizen as mentioned.on the recommendation of concerned RRC and approval of Pro-Vice Chancellor.
- Approved Teacher/Librarian/Physical Director working in the affiliated college/recognized institute of KavayitriBahinabaiChaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon having at least 5 years’ experience at U.G. /P.G. level.
- Approved Teacher with M. Phil. degree working in the affiliated college and Institute of KavayitriBahinabaiChaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon and student having M.Phil. Degree of Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
- Foreign and NRI students after recommendation of International Students Cell.
Schedule of Entrance Examination:
- The Entrance Test for Ph. D. programme will be conducted once in a every year. The detailed schedule of PET will be published well in advance along with subject-wise syllabi on the University website (www.nmu.ac.in).