All the first year students are informed that Anti-Ragging committee is formed As per Clause 6.3 (c), (d) and (e) the UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009 in this institute. Contact numbers of the Principal, Wardens, Registrar, are given below and same have been prominently displayed at the hostels. In case of any objectionable behaviour of senior student, the above officials can be contacted. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited and the students involved would be punished according to the legal provisions.
Institute has also constituted Anti-Ragging Squad consisting of various officers (lists enclosed herewith)
Prof. Dr. S. B. Bari (Chairman)
All Departments for display on notice board
All Hostel notice boards
Members of anti- ragging committee
|Name of members
|Dr. S.B. Bari(Chairman)
|Dr. P. O. Patil
|Dr. L. R. Zawar
|Dr. P. S. Bafana
|Mrs. Borase madam
|Warden 1 ladies hostel
|Mrs. Patil L.V
|Warden 2 ladies hostel
|Mr. R. K. Singh
|Warden 3 boys hostel
|First year student Parents
|Ramkrusha Narayan More
|Police head constable
|First year student
Members of anti- ragging Squad 24X7
|Name of members
|Mr. C. J. Bhavsar
|Dr. V. K. Chatap
|Dr. G. B. Patil
|Mr. Zameer khan
Responsibilities of Anti Ragging Committee
On receipt of the recommendation of the Anti Ragging Squad or on receipt of any information concerning any reported incident of ragging, the Head of institution shall immediately determine if a case under the penal laws is made out and if so, either on his own or through a member of the Anti Ragging Committee authorized by him in this behalf, proceed to file a First Information Report (FIR), within 24 hours of receipt of such information or recommendation, with the police and local authorities, under the appropriate penal provisions relating to one or more of the following, namely:
- Abetment to ragging
- Criminal conspiracy to rag
- Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging
- Public nuisance created during ragging
- Violation of decency and morals through ragging
- Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt
- Wrongful restraint
- Wrongful confinement
- Use of criminal force
- Assault as well as sexual offences or unnatural offences
- Criminal trespass
- Offences against property
- Criminal intimidation
- Attempts to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against the victim(s)
- Threat to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against the victim(s)
- Physical or psychological humiliation
- other offences following from the definition of “Ragging”
Responsibilities of Squads In-charge of Anti Ragging Committee
- Squads In-charge will be Responsible for the following in their areas:
- They will form duty chart & carryout regular checks for any Ragging activity in their areas.
- They will carryout surprise checks in probable areas of ragging.
- In case of any incidence noticed on the spot, assessment of the incidence be made and necessary action to be taken and inform the control cell immediately in given Performa.
- Ensure anti ragging instructions are displayed at prominent places in their areas of control.
- Each squad in-charge will make detailed duty plan in respect of his squad and forward a list copy of the same to the control room.
- Every squad in-charge will brief all members of his squad about their duties / action regarding anti ragging.